Graphic and Web Designer/Developer
Freelance | Sept 2012-Present
Provide various contracted services - graphic design for print, production art, web design, web development - to agencies, businesses, and individuals.
Past projects and services include:
- Advertising: posters, flyers, direct mail, and promotional materials such as magnets, etc.
- Branding: logos and identities with standard collateral, additional materials such as branded portfolio presentation.
- Packaging: cd wallet design for music album.
- Production Art: photo retouching and processing for print and digital, generation of PSD files for website layouts, etc.
- Variable Data Printing (VDP): template creation/development of complex print pieces for DataSource Marketing such as Wingstop 2015 Menu Rollout (see Skills for more info on VDP).
- Websites: all aspects of process from design through front-end development, responsive designs, hand built HTML and CSS as well as construction and customization of bespoke CMS templates (Joomla). Includes small business sites and portfolio sites for designers in theater.
Web Content Manager
DataSource Marketing | Kansas City, MO / New York City, NY | May 2013-Nov 2014
DataSource provides print supply-chain management for corporate clients including nation-wide restaurants and healthcare providers. Worked on site in MO, remote in NY. Administrated enterprise level B2B e-commerce portals for clients and created variable data printing (VDP) templates (ie. business cards, direct mail). Migrated e-commerce sites from old platform to current. Trained incoming team members.
Notable Projects include:
- Wingstop - Rollout for Menuboards and Take-out Menus for their +650 stores. Development and creation of complex VDP templates, web forms for ordering. Included variants to utilize pre-determined ‘tiered’ pricing or fully customizeable options. Web form also gathered extensive non-printing price info and other details for client’s POS team.
Mama's Sauce Print Shoppe | Orlando, FL | May-July 2012
Internship in a press house specializing in premium screen printing and letterpress (mostly focused on collateral, invitations and cards, posters). Duties included make-ready, assisting on press, breakdown, quality control, fulfillment, and other tasks to facilitate workflow.
Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts | Orlando, FL | June 2004-January 2013
Numerous trained roles for more than 10 different shows and parades as costumed characters, puppeteering, stiltwalking, and float driving, plus unscripted guest interaction.
Adobe Creative Suite:
- Strengths: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Fundamentals: Dreamweaver, Flash
- Strengths: HTML, CSS (includes HTML5 and CSS3)
- Fundamentals: JQuery, PHP, MySQL
- Familiarity: Bootstrap, AngularJS, Wordpress
Variable Data Printing (VDP):
- Mac and Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook
- general computer literacy
Fine Art, Crafts, Etc.
- Strengths: Drawing media - pencil, pen, charcoal; Papercraft (I can make anything out of cardboard)
- Fundamentals: Photography, Screen Printing, Letterpress, Painting media - acrylic, watercolor
A.S., Graphics Technology
Valencia College | August 2010-August 2012
Specialization in Graphic Design Print Production. Basic education in Interactive/Web Design.
University of Florida
Course studies towards a Bachelor's in Architectural Design, over 100 credit hours.